Associate Software Engineer
Las Vegas, NV
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
The Associate Software Engineer works within the GDK organization on the video rendering and tools team to support compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this position is to contribute to the development of a software gaming platform and gaming applications. This position will require the individual to take initiative and accountability for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Associate Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the lead engineer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop expert knowledge of Scientific Games rendering platforms and contribute to the advancement
- Develop the expert level knowledge of Scientific Games video tool chain, and learn to support the studios on its usage
- Make contributions towards development and performance improvements in our system
- Presentation Frameworks
- Graphics Engines
- Work closely with other departments on optimizing performance of gaming platforms as required by Scientific Games business units
- Maintain up to date knowledge on new programming methods, best coding practices, and new software technologies in 2D and 3D graphics.
- Work closely with 3rd party software providers representing Scientific Games best interest
- C++, C# or equivalent
- Comfortable with game engines – Unity or equivalent
- 3D programming:
OpenGL or DirectX
- Shader programming:
HLSL or GLSL
- Windows Programming
- Object Oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
- Embedded systems experience preferred
- Game Development experience preferred
- Experience with Unity
- Able to understand hardware engineering and hardware components
- Able to work with and understand graphics drivers
- Linux/Unix experience is a plus
- TDD experience preferred
- Software design and architecture experience preferred
- Software team management skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Object Oriented programming
- Design Patterns
- Source Control/Configuration Management
- Bug Tracking Systems
- Software Development processes
- Agile Development practices
- Emulation Tools and/or Debugger
- Use of Performance monitors for optimizations
- Code reviewing skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- C++ or Java
- Software Design
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .